2013 Changes are noted in Bold and Red
The driver must be a member or registered guest
to compete at any race.
Annual membership fees
are $75.00 if paid by Dec. 31st, 2012 $85.00
after Dec. 31st, 2012
The registered guest fee is $20.00 per event,
except any "National" event. Only paid in full
members will be awarded points.
1. The pill draw will be $15 for regular purse and $20 for Special
2. Full membership required for $1,000 winner, otherwise $500
(to protect loyal members)
fee paid by cash or check only.
A car entry fee may be required for any
4. The driver use of
mandatory at all races. (at the
request of all promoters)
- Four (4) cylinder, four (4) cycle motorcycle engine only.
1000cc Stock bore and stroke. "Any motor other than
Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha may be allowed to compete
under experimental conditions to determine legality."
- Electric self starting.
- Fuel Injected. Alcohol conversions allowed.
- Stock head, cylinder and crankcase.
"No after market internal parts, nor lightening of stock parts."
"The only modifications allowed are (1) Milling the head, (may
save a warped head) (2) Match porting & polishing and (3)
all other deviations from stock (bolts,springs,removing parts,
etc) will require written approval from the MMSA.
- Six (6) inch offset-measured C/L of motor and C/L of frame.
Motor inspection will consist of measuring the Bore & stroke,"
Bore Scope and compression gauge may be used" engaging all transmission gears (must be operational) and taking
a fuel sample. Violations will result in Disqualification and
Expulsion from the MMSA.
Any car after 3 wins may be required to remove the head and/or
pan for complete inspection before receiving pay and future MMSA
in cockpit ignition adjustments. No Traction Control
- Roll cage - minimum 11/4 inch OD X .095 wall 4130n tubing.
- Driver minimum head clearance 3 inches measured to the top of
- Wheelbase: Min. 65 inches - Max. 72 inches.
- Car to resemble a sprint car, particularly the hood and tail.
No carbon fiber our titanium allowed.
- Drivers feet required to be behind the motor.
- Hydraulic brakes capable of sliding rear wheels required.
- Steering gear mandatory (rack and pinion steering IS
- Fuel tank must be well secured behind the driver and under the
body tail piece. (bladder's highly recommended )
- Bumpers and nerf bars required. Nerf bars
cannot be wider than the tires.
- Mufflers mandatory per track specifications.
- Gasoline and Alcohol fuel only. Pump gas 92 octane max. No
oxygen booster. Top end oil additives allowed.
- Final chain drive is mandatory. Chain must be properly guarded
and completely shielded to protect the driver and fuel tank.
- Wheels must be 13 inches only, Tires may be of any make or
- Top wing not to exceed 16 square feet, Nose wings acceptable.
Cars using alcohol/methanol and ethanol fuel must weigh a min.
940 lbs. with driver for winged events, 900 lbs. for non-winged.
cars on gas weight will remain at 900 lbs. for winged races with
driver and reduced to 860 lbs. for non-winged.
600cc cars min. weight with driver is 875 lbs, for winged and
835 lbs for non-winged.
Quickchange rearends are optional,
if used, the driveshaft must be in c/l of
the frame, w/safety hoop. The motor must be
inside the frame side rails and meet all the
other rules, etc. operational starter &
clutch and min. weight.
NOTE: CAR AND DRIVER
WEIGHTS WILL BE MONITORED DURING THE SEASON
AND MAY BE ADJUSTED
NOTE: THE DIRECTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE DECISIONS IN THE
EVENT OF ANY OUT OF THE ORDINARY OR UNUSUAL SITUATIONS OR
- Snell approved full face helmet required.
- Approved fire suit and gloves required
- Three (3) inch lap with sub belt and shoulder harness
required. Belts must not be over 3 years old.
- Arm restraints and neck collars required, racing shoes
- Fire extinguisher required for each car in the pit area.
- Kill switch required within drivers reach with arm restraints
- Safety director reserves the right to disqualify any car
judged to be unsafe until corrections are complete.
Only race officials or a driver, or owner of a car can protest
another car. You must specify the part of the car you are protesting
in writing. A $300.00 cash protest fee is required to be given to
the director of competition within 15 minutes of the end of the
feature. The car will be inspected by the director to determine
legality of the car. The owner or driver is responsible for removing
parts to be inspected. If the car is legal the owner or driver will
keep the $300.00 If the car is found to be not legal or the owner or
driver refuses the inspection, they will lose points and MONEY for
The track is in charge of all races. You will need to attend the
track drivers meeting to make sure you understand and abide by the
track rules. You will need to attend the MMSA drivers meeting also.
All cars and drivers must be in staging area before their race. Any
fighting, unsportsmanlike conduct, use of alcohol or drugs by a
driver or crew member will result in the suspension of that person
for the remainder of that race at a minimum. The space in a pit area
occupied by a driver is his for that race, you are not allowed to
enter that space unless you are invited to do so.
Any car may be
inspected at any time by the officials to
determine the legality of any part or fuel
and could be disqualified if any illegality
rookie is defined as a driver who has never
driven a 1000cc mini sprint (or 1200cc ) in more
than five (5) feature races in any previous
year. Rookies are required to display a "Rookie"
flag on their car for a probationary period
until officials determine the driver to be
proficient enough to remove it. Officials
reserve the right to place any rookie at the
tail of any race during this probationary
- Draw for position, the lowest number will be on the pole of
the 1st heat. The 2nd lowest number will be on the pole for the
second heat ect.
- All features are subject to invert pill draw ( 0-6 to be
determine # of cars inverted )
- You must take the green flag to be paid.
TRANSFER RACES (B-MAIN)
- All transfer races will be linked up according to position
finished in the heat.
When Tracks have an age restriction, any
MMSA member not permitted to race ,if
present, will receive the 5 sign in points.
SIGN UP 5